BBQ Chicken Nachos – a fun and easy dinner or appetizer for your next party. Loaded with barbecue chicken, cheese and all the toppings you can think of!
Whenever I see nachos on a menu, it’s the first thing I want to order. Crispy tortilla chips, melted cheese, sour cream, guacamole…it makes my mouth water just thinking about it! My Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos are just your classic version with seasoned chicken and traditional toppings.
Today we mix barbecue style, because why not?! It’s flavors that go together, and you’ll love it for your next dinner party or fun appetizer.
Why you will love this recipe
- Nachos are just fun, so you won’t have any picky eaters complaining about it! You can customize the toppings and just put the beans on the half if some like that. Then everything will be happy!
- Lots of different and easy ways to cook your chicken, or using leftovers or even roast chicken can make this dinner in no time.
- Go crazy with your toppings! I’ve listed a lot of ideas, but that’s definitely not all. So if you think something else sounds good, go for it.
What you will need
- Barbecue sauce
- Black beans
- corn kernels
- Red onion
How to Cook Chicken
This is where things can really go your way!
- You can make Instant BBQ Chicken in minutes in your pressure cooker.
- Turn on the grill and make grilled chicken. Cook the chicken on the grill, basting it with the sauce. Then remove, shred the chicken and toss it in the sauce to coat.
- Take a shortcut with roast chicken or pre-cooked chicken. If you have leftover chicken, but a rotisserie chicken or the pre-shredded foods they now sell at the grocery store, just toss it with your favorite barbecue sauce and you’re good to go.
- The reverse of the pressure cooker is to use the slow cooker. You can use your slow cooker but you normally cook chicken and just coat it in barbecue sauce. I cook over low heat for about 3-4 hours and it’s perfectly cooked, tender and juicy. Shred cooked chicken and toss with more sauce if needed.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Nachos
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for full measurements and instructions!
- Once your chicken is cooked and coated in the sauce, you’re ready to begin. Turn on your hot oven and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. It’s not necessary, it just makes cleanup easier so cheese doesn’t get stuck on your baking sheet.
- I think the best nachos, when queuing at restaurants here, is to do it in layers. So take half of your tortilla chips and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Then add your toppings! Again, only add about half to this layer. Sprinkle over barbecue chicken, black beans, corn kernels, red onions and cheese.
- Top with the rest of your fries and toppings. Then place in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and hot.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh diced tomatoes. And serve with sour cream and guacamole and more barbecue sauce as well.
You can really get creative here. I have a few listed in the recipe, but here are a few more that will work great with these nachos
- Jalapeno – add fresh or pickled jalapenos for a great kick
- Fresh cilantro on top goes great with barbecue
- Bacon cooked and crumbled
- banana peppers
- chopped pineapple
- Green onions
What cheese goes on nachos
You can get creative with your cheese, as there are so many options. You want one that blends well and will melt well.
- cheddar cheese
- Monterey Jack
- Mexican mix (pre-grated at the grocery store)
- Jack Pepper
- White Queso
Serve with sour cream and homemade guacamole for dipping and you have an unbeatable combination!
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
Total time 10 minutes
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 14.5 oz bagged tortillas
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup grated colby jack cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken and barbecue sauce until well coated.
- Arrange half of your tortilla chips on the baking sheet.
- Over the tortilla chips, sprinkle half the barbecue chicken, black beans, corn kernels, red onions and cheese.
- Top with the rest of your fries and toppings.
- Then place in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and hot.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh diced tomatoes.
- And serve with sour cream and guacamole and more barbecue sauce if desired.
Amount per serving calories 608Total fat 28gSaturated fat 11gtrans fat 1gUnsaturated fats 15gCholesterol 78mgSodium 837mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 6gSugar 14gProtein 29g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a guide.
I have created a fun group on Facebook, and I would like you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions and see what’s new in Dinners, Mains and Desserts (so you never miss a new recipe)! If you want to check it out, you can ask to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Do not hesitate to follow me on my social networks to not miss any publication!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | instagram
Did you know that there is a BOUTIQUE for Dinners, Main Courses and Desserts? Check out all of my eBooks and branded products HERE! Or you can buy me a coffee to say thank you!