There’s always a lot going on in the world of Columbus restaurants! Here is the latest:
- First things first: today is NATIONAL DONUT DAY! Use my Columbus Donut guide or my list of 13 donuts to celebrate National Donut Day to find local stores to support.
- The Hungarian butcher in Linworth announced last week that its smokehouse had caught fire and forced the temporary closure of the butchery. It is not yet known when they will reopen.
- The Winn Winn Café, a new take-out-only cafe and bakery located at 1212 W. Third Ave. at Fifth By Northwest, will celebrate its grand opening on Saturday, June 3.
- Kyushu Ramen Bar opened its second location this week at 6418 Pullman Dr. in Lewis Center.
- Starting today, Black Kahawa Coffee will be offering an East African mobile coffee experience at the Scioto Mile every Friday this summer from 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Find their trailer at West Town and South Civic Center Drive, serving hot coffee and cold brew.
- A new wine festival is coming to Columbus this summer. Hosted by the owners of The Bottle Shop and Accent Wine, the Columbus Natural Wine Festival takes place Saturday, July 8 at the Lazarus Galleria (50 W. Town St.) downtown.
- Cup O Joe’s Clintonville will remain closed for renovations until June 14.
- Ray Ray’s Hog Pit in Granville, which has since operated solely as a take-out restaurant and supper club, announced that they have slowly reopened to indoor seating.
- The Ohio Craft Brewers Association’s annual festival, Six One Pour, takes place this Saturday, June 3 at the Ohio History Center from 8-11 p.m. The festival features at least two dozen Ohio breweries and a handful of food trucks.
- The Columbus Chicken & Beer Festival returns this Sunday, June 4 to Dodge Park from noon to 9 p.m.
- 614 Now announced this week that Mellow Mushroom at Polaris (2170 Polaris Pkwy.) was closing after June 12.
- If you’re traveling to Lake Erie this summer, you can visit Noble Cut Distillery’s new tasting room and bottle store on Put-in-Bay, which just opened this past weekend.
- This summer, Seventh Son Brewing is hiding golden tickets on six packs of its flagship beers such as Assistant Manager, Scientist and Humulus Nimbus at local central Ohio grocery stores. Ten lucky winners will receive a special prize.
This week I am also writing:
You want to know more ? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archive, search for travel ideas, explore the breakfast menu or…
Hit! You are on the list.
Whoops ! An error occurred and we were unable to process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.