Image courtesy of facebook.com/shortnorthcake
There’s always a lot going on in the world of Columbus restaurants! Here is the latest:
- This week, Columbus Underground announced the abrupt closure of Piece of Cake, the longtime bakery in the Short North. The bakery settled at 772 N. High St. for 25 years. There is no word on the reason for the closure. (We have fond memories of living in the Short North when we moved to Columbus in 2002 and getting their pumpkin frosting cookies all the time!)
- Multiple sources reported that the Chick’n Cone chain’s first central Ohio location has smoothly opened at 422 Polaris Pkwy. in Westerville. As the name suggests, the big feature is the fried chicken served in homemade waffle cones. The store also serves chicken sandwiches, tenderloins, bowls, sides and sauces.
- Mission Coffee Co. is set to open its new store at 2060 S. High St. You can get a sneak peek this weekend if you purchase a bag of their 2060 special blend. The owner of Blank Slate Coffee, a Truck which until recently operated in Gahanna, announced this week that it had taken over operations in Mission, including running the new retail store.
- This week, Matter News published an article about the famous closed Blue Danube ceiling tiles and where they have reappeared in the years since. The piece included the news that the new owner was renovating the venue and intended to reopen it under the same name in the coming months, with the addition of some Mediterranean menu items.
- CRMD Ice Cream Shop has opened a second location, this one at 5915 Bob Evans Farm Dr. in Lewis Center. This location also includes a speakeasy in the back!
- The Vic Village Tavern, a new venue and bar in the old Shrunken Head (and formerly Victorian’s Midnight Cafe, for those who remember) opened this week. Located at 251 W. Fifth Ave., the bar is operated by the owners of Zeno’s.
- Wolf’s Ridge Brewing has announced that Kris Ludwig will become its new executive chef starting April 11, following chef Seth Lassak’s department. Ludwig has been part of the culinary team since Wolf’s Ridge opened in 2013.
- A new ice cream truck called Lady Sprinkleton the Third is coming to Columbus soon. The truck is operated by the team behind The Tasty Good food truck.
- Flavor 91 Bistro announced that it had added a food truck and started booking for the season.
- Curious to try several coffees at once? The Columbus Coffee Festival is currently selling Brew Boxes with plenty of coffees and other goodies through Sunday, March 26.
- Bottoms Up Bagels ends its pop-up at the Daily Bar (883 N. Fourth St. in Italian Village) through this Sunday, March 26. Learn more about their pop-up here!
- Finally, Forbes released a nice highlight of our city. You can read it here: Why You Should Plan A Spring Trip To Columbus, Ohio, A Hidden Gem In Plain Sight
This week I am also writing:
You want to know more ? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archive, search for travel ideas, explore the breakfast menu or…
Hit! You are on the list.
Whoops ! An error occurred and we were unable to process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.