Image courtesy instagram.com/dineatagni
There’s always a lot going on in the world of Columbus restaurants! Here is the latest:
- On Sunday, March 5 at 5 p.m., reservations open for Chef Avishar Barua’s new Brewery District restaurant Agni. Barua opened Joya’s Cafe in Old Worthington last fall. Agni is located at 761 S. High St., Ambrose & Eve’s newest site, and is a real-fire restaurant described as Barua’s take on a Midwestern backyard barbecue.
- Slammie’s on High, an offshoot of downtown’s Slammer’s bar, opens at 6 p.m. today at 1607 N. High St. in the former Aracri Pizzeria space in the Gateway University District.
- The Rail burger store will open its second branch in central Ohio next week on Wednesday, March 8 at 1064 Dublin Rd. at Grandview Crossing.
- The Blank Slate Coffee Truck announced this week that it will complete its seven-year Gahanna run. The owners have shared on social media that they have a new chapter coming, although they have yet to share details.
- The South End Cafe officially opens to the public on Monday March 6th. It is located at 1951 Parsons Ave.
- In case you missed the news, Jeni’s Ice Creams posted a Ted Lasso-themed ice cream this week called Biscuits with the Boss. It’s available on their site and at scoop stores across the country. Liberation is linked to Ted Lassothe third season of, which will air on March 15.
- The Hocking Hills Comfort Food Cruise returns this weekend and next, March 4-5 and March 11-12. Customers can purchase a pass for $20 and then visit 12 local businesses to try samples of different comfort foods.
- MySomm is hosting a five-course wine pairing dinner featuring Domaine Joseph Mellot next week, Thursday, March 9, at Local Roots in Powell.
- Schmidt’s Sausage Haus is celebrating Bahama Mama Day on Monday, March 6! The day was created 37 years ago by Mayor Buck Rhinehart, on Schmidt’s 100th birthday in 1986. On this day, you can get Bahama Mama sandwiches and platters for half price at the German Village restaurant. .
This week I am also writing:
You want to know more ? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archive, search for travel ideas, explore the breakfast menu or…
Hit! You are on the list.
Whoops ! An error occurred and we were unable to process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.