There’s always a lot going on in the world of Columbus restaurants! Here is the last one:
- The owners of El Camino Inn on North Fourth Street have teased on social media that the restaurant, which has been closed since March 2020, will reopen in time for Cinco de Mayo this year.
- The S’wich Social ice cream sandwich shop in Italian Village has reopened for the season. Located at 869 N. Fourth St., S’wich allows customers to create their own sandwiches from a variety of cookies and ice cream. S’wich was damaged when a car rammed it last November.
- YF Chinese Cuisine opened at 5225 Godown Rd., next to Los Guachos in the former Ichi space. (Thanks to Columbus Food Adventures for the highlight!)
- Hot Chicken Takeover has announced that its new store, this one at 109 N. Hamilton Rd. in Gahanna, will hold its grand opening next week on Thursday, April 6.
- This week, Middle West Spirits announced a massive, multi-year expansion of its distillery, operational facilities and 14-acre campus at 1165 Alum Creek Dr. The expansion will create approximately 80 jobs and make Middle West Spirits the world’s largest large state distillery. and one of the top 10 producers of grain-to-glass whiskey and spirits in the United States
- La Trattoria de Lola et Guiseppe in Gahanna announced last week that they had opened their own bakery next door. It is located at 104 Granville Street.
- This week, the Franklinton Market began offering take-out meals. The market is located at 439 W. Rich St.
- Mission Coffee Co., which merged with Blank Slate Coffee, will hold the grand opening of its new store on Saturday, April 1. The combined roastery and cafe is located at 2060 S. High St. Get an overview of the space here!
- Martiny’s BBQ has opened in its new space at 5808 Columbus Pike in Lewis Center, in the former location of Venezuelan restaurant The Porch.
- Mardi Gras homemade ice cream at 1947 Hard Rd. has reopened for the season.
- And the La Poblanita taco truck on Indianola Avenue in Clintonville has reopened for the season.
This week I am also writing:
PS The weekly restaurant news post will be taking a break next week!
You want to know more ? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archive, search for travel ideas, explore the breakfast menu or…
Hit! You are on the list.
Whoops ! An error occurred and we were unable to process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.