Image courtesy of Fox in the Snow
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- At last, the day is here! Fox in the Snow opens its Dublin location at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 23. The new shop, their fourth overall, is located at 38 W. Bridge St. in Historic Dublin, in the former post office.
- In other big openings, North High Brewing opens its Westerville location inside the new COHatch co-working space today. Located at 240 S. State St., the expansive brewery and restaurant is part of the two-acre COHatch campus that revitalized the old Westerville Armory, and includes significant outdoor spaces.
- We’re in the last few days for Bagel Street Deli’s Columbus location. The Athens-based cart wraps up its run on the patio at Jackie O’s on Fourth after this Sunday, Sept. 24. The company cited the need to retool the cart to make it more efficient, and potentially returning to Columbus in the spring.
- Ohio Pint Day, a fundraiser for the Ohio Craft Beer Association, is next week Tuesday, Sept. 26. That day, you can visit participating Ohio breweries and receive a commemorative pint glass with a qualifying purchase.
- The owner of Cove, A Seafood Joint in Delaware announced that the restaurant will close in the coming weeks to make room for a new concept. Cove’s space at 15 E. Winter St. in Delaware has been the proving ground for concepts like Speck Italian Eatery and Veritas.
- Yabo’s Tacos announced this week that it has closed its Powell location at 4046 W. Powell Rd. Its other locations remain open.
- Multiple sources have reported that the Food Network’s Guy Fieri is opening a restaurant at the Scioto Downs. There’s no word yet on an exact timeline or the concept Fieri is bringing to the racecino.
- 614 Now shared a couple weeks ago that a new spot called Adelaide’s Gin Joint is coming to 2333 N. High St. in Old North, in the former Alana’s Food & Wine space.
- More Oktoberfest celebrations are coming this weekend! This weekend, Sept. 22-24, Gemüt Biergarten hosts festivities with a special menu, games, and beer releases. Starting Tuesday, Sept. 26, the CBC Beer Hall is featuring a special Oktoberfest menu. Finally, you can head to Old Worthington on Sunday, Sept. 24 for an Oktoberfest-themed Sunday Fundays with food, music, games, and more in the historic district. (Yours truly will be selling hot dogs!)
This week I’m also writing:
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, search for travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map, or…
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.