There’s always a lot going on in the world of Columbus restaurants! Here is the latest:
- After nearly 75 years in business, Michael’s Goody Boy restaurant in the Short North has closed. It was more recently called the Goody Boy Burger Club, owned by the One Hospitality group, which also includes Forno, Standard Hall and the Short North Pint House. (Click the link above to see what it looked like in 2007!)
- Black Box Fix in Easton this week announced its temporary closure due to a kitchen fire. Fortunately, no one got hurt.
- Marlow’s Cheesesteaks in Gahanna reopened this week after a brief closure, following the tragic death this week of one of their managers, Christopher Mateen. Now (Friday, January 20), part of their proceeds go to support Mateen’s family.
- This week, Mr. Hibachi opened a new location at 1505 Frebis Avenue on the south side. This joins the downtown locations, on Cleveland Avenue, in Powell and on South Hamilton Road.
- Square Slice Columbus, a Detroit-style pizzeria inside Old North Arcade (2593 N. High St. in Old North), has reopened after being closed for a few weeks.
- Speaking of closures, the surface parking lot in front of the downtown North Market officially closed this week to make way for the construction of the 32-story Merchant Building. Market customers are advised to park in the Vine Street garage next to the market, where market validation rates still apply.
- In case you missed it, Columbus-based forager Alexis Nikole Nelson, aka the Black Forager, appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live last week! monthly columbus has a nice breakdown and full video of the segment.
- A new steakhouse called Cut 132 is set to open at 4188 Brighton Rose Way in Easton on Monday January 23.
- (614) MagazineRestaurant Week is next week, January 23-28. Dozens of restaurants offer fixed-price three-course meals throughout the week.
This week I am also writing:
You want to know more ? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archive, search for travel ideas, explore the breakfast menu or…
Hit! You are on the list.
Whoops ! An error occurred and we were unable to process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.