There’s always a lot going on in the world of Columbus restaurants! Here is the last one:
- After being closed since late 2021 due to a building fire, Legacy Smokehouse in Hilliard is reopening this Saturday, May 26. Located at 3987 Main St., Legacy’s building now includes a second-floor bourbon bar called Rickhouse 41.
- Jeni’s Strawberry Jam returns this weekend, May 27-28, at Land-Grant Brewing, featuring Jeni’s ice cream, loads of strawberries from local farms, Fox in the Snow, food trucks, beer, live music, and more.
- business first announced this week that Toledo’s Maumee Bay Brewery will open a location in Shawnee Hills in the same plaza as Boston’s new Stoker Cafe. (Get a peek at the original Maumee Bay Brewery on our Two Days in Toledo trip.)
- Echo Spirits releases its first bourbon this Saturday, May 27 at 10 a.m. in its bottle shop and cocktail bar. They offer a 95 proof bourbon and a barrel version.
- Rose Dough Donuts is teaming up with Little Ladies Soft Serve this Sunday, May 28 to create Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches. You can order them at the Petites Dames boutique from 1 p.m. that day.
- business first also announced that Creole Kitchen would be moving from its longtime home on Mt. Vernon Ave. at 795 E. Long St. in the coming year.
- The owners of Great Harvest Bread in Hilliard have announced that the store will close on May 31.
- Middle West Spirits won eight ASCOT awards this week for its spirits, including all three from its Double Cask collection, which are now sold as a set.
This week I am also writing:
- Afternoon tea and breakfast at Cambridge Tea House
- We’re crazy about Crazy Cucumber, the best pickles in Columbus
- Savor the taste of summer with Bob Evans’ fresh berry seasonal dishes
- Ride a riverboat at Johnston Farm in Piqua (Ohio.org)
- The Kee Downtown is an all-in-one stop for food, drink, coffee, art, games and events
You want to know more ? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archive, search for travel ideas, explore the breakfast menu or…
Enter your email and click the button to receive my weekly email 8 things to do, eat, see and drink. By clicking submit, you agree to share your email address to receive emails from me.
Hit! You are on the list.
Whoops ! An error occurred and we were unable to process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
The post Friday Food Bites: Legacy Smokehouse Reopens, Jeni’s Strawberry Jam This Weekend, Maumee Bay Brewing Upcoming appeared first on Breakfast With Nick.