There’s always a lot going on in the world of Columbus restaurants! Here is the latest:
- The Bubbly Hall food hall celebrated its official opening yesterday. Located at 6065 Central College Rd. in New Albany, the market features several booths from local food companies, including Seoul Food on the Go, Hoyo’s Kitchen, Just Chicken, Mr. Hummus Grill & Pizza, Faye’s Crepes and others, as well only two bars, a small retail space, and local artists featured on the walls.
- Today, Boston Stoker Coffee Roasters is hosting the grand opening of its new store at 6058 Glick Rd. in Shawnee Hills. This is the second location for the Dayton coffee and roaster; it joins a relatively new store in Grandview.
- Jackie O’s highly anticipated Columbus Brewery, named Jackie O’s on Fourth, has finally announced its opening date: Friday, May 5. , retail store and private event space. Outside, Jackie O’s will feature 8,000 square feet of patios spread over two levels. The opening announcement also included news of two new restaurants. First, Athens’ beloved Bagel Street Deli will open in cart form on the terrace of Jackie O’s on Friday, April 21. And second, the team behind Wario’s Beef & Pork is developing a new concept that will open inside the brewery, which opens in June.
- This week, Noble Cut Distillery opened its newly renovated tasting room at 750 Cross Pointe in Gahanna.
- The Spaghetti Warehouse, a longtime downtown institution, announced this week that it would be moving to 150 S. High St., next to the Columbus Commons. Its longtime warehouse at 397 W. Broad St. has been closed for more than a year since suffering a partial roof collapse.
- Seventh Son Brewing is gearing up to celebrate its 10th anniversary (if you can believe it) on April 20. They start the festivities early with events this weekend. You can read my interview with co-founder Collin Castore on the Experience Columbus blog.
- Multiple sources have shared that Maple Street Biscuit Company, which opened its first Central Ohio store in Polaris, is planning more locations in the area. The first was announced for 7105 N. High St. in Worthington.
- This week, Wolf’s Ridge Brewing is releasing its new spring menu, the first under new Executive Chef Kris Ludwig. The new menu coincides with the reopening of their taproom terrace.
- The latest food company to take over Budd Dairy Food Hall’s Hatch Incubator space is Bite This, an Annie Dickson pop-up serving stuffed bagels, brownies, cookies and other snacks. Bite This will be presented at Budd Dairy until July 10.
- This weekend, the Brasserie Combustion will be occupied at its two locations. The Pickerington taproom celebrates its sixth anniversary this Saturday, April 15 from 11 a.m., with special beer tastings, food trucks, live music, games and more. Meanwhile, the Clintonville bar is one of five breweries participating in a mini Columbus Brew Crawl, alongside Land-Grant, Seventh Son, Antiques on High and Parsons North.
- Next week, Wednesday April 19, Spiers Social Brewing is hosting a plant-based junk food pop-up from 3-8 p.m.
- Mr. Hibachi opened a new location last week, this one at 2806 London Groveport Rd. in Grove City.
- Coastal Local Seafood recently announced a name change for its seafood bars at both North Market locations to COLO Market & Oyster Bar.
- The brownie-centric bakery Brownie Points is popping up at Tenspace in Short North through June 23.
This week I am also writing:
You want to know more ? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archive, search for travel ideas, explore the breakfast menu or…
Hit! You are on the list.
Whoops ! An error occurred and we were unable to process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.