Image courtesy facebook.com/yellowspringsbrewerycolumbus
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Yellow Springs Brewery is set to open its new Clintonville taproom in the former home of The Crest next week Wednesday, Nov. 15 at 5 p.m. Dubbed the Yellow Springs Brewery Taproom & Kitchen, the outpost will feature house beers, cocktails, and a food menu.
- The Los Potosinos taco truck, which set up in the King-Lincoln Bronzeville neighborhood earlier this summer, is establishing a permanent home at 695 E. Long St., former site of What The Waffle.
- The Family Room Coffee & Bake Shop celebrated its grand opening this week at 545 S. Otterbein Ave. in Westerville.
- Maumee Bay Brewing out of Toledo shared more information about its upcoming Columbus-area brewpub, set to open early in 2024. Titled the Shawnee Station Kitchen | Taproom, the full-service restaurant will be located at 6058 Glick Rd. in Shawnee Hills. It will feature Maumee Bay brews as well as cocktails made from their distillery, High Level Distilling.
- CoLo Butcher & Deli announced that it has opened its stall in the North Market Downtown.
- Although an official announcement hasn’t come through yet, the new version of Michael’s Goody Boy diner in the Short North is set to reopen under new ownership next week. (Check out the diner as it was in 2007.)
- This week the Ajumama Korean street food truck returned to offering weekly family meals. The meals are ordered by midnight on Tuesdays, then picked up Friday or Saturday at the Food Fort.
- East Market announced that Raziki Swahili Grill will be coming to its incubator space.
- The Moonbird Coffee Co. trailer is opening soon at 1400 Holly Ave. An exact opening date hasn’t been announced yet.
- Ash & Em Eatery is moving into the second floor of Columbus Axe Throwing at 560 S. High St., most recently home to Jasmine Fusion Grill.
- Multiple sources have reported that the Sports & Social sports bar chain will open in the old Melt Bar & Grilled space, at 840 N. High St. in the Short North.
- Finally: next weekend, Nov. 17-18, is the weekend for THANKSGIVING KOLACHES at Kolache Republic. Place orders soon! Starting next week they’re also offering pre-orders for Thanksgiving items like kolache pies, dinner rolls, and cinnamon rolls.
This week I’m also writing:
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, search for travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map, or…
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.